As we approach the end of 2022, we’d like to share some helpful information regarding year-end deadlines. Requests received after the deadlines listed below will be processed on a best-efforts basis. To keep things easy to remember, please make note of the December 1st submission deadline for most items and account for extra processing times for complex cases.
To establish an account before the end of 2022, please submit paperwork in good order before December 1st. Currently, new account openings are taking between 4-5 business days upon custodian receipt. We expect those timelines to increase as we approach year-end. Any requests received after this date will be reviewed and processed on a best-efforts basis. Please allow additional processing time if the accounts need to be funded or distributed from before the end of 2022.
Please submit 2022 conversion requests for existing accounts by December 1st.
Required Minimum Distributions:
The deadline to submit RMD requests is December 1st.
- Custodians are expecting heavy volumes so please submit requests as early as possible.
- Ensure forms have valid client signature(s) and date(s), and that all pages of forms are submitted.
- Verify tax withholding information on all distribution/conversion forms.
- Conversions can be cash or in-kind. If in-kind, include ticker symbol, fund name, and share quantity.
Please note our holiday schedule and early closures.
- November 21-23 – Closing at 2:00 p.m. MST
- November 24 – Closed
- November 25 – Closed
- December 19-23 – Closing at 2:00 p.m. MST
- December 26th – Closed
- December 27-30 – Closing at 2:00 p.m. MST
- January 2, 2023– Closed
Wishing you and your family a healthy and joyful holiday season from the team at XYIS!