We are diving into some best practices for managing and executing investment models and the operations behind those...specifically smaller account solutions. It gets a bit tricky so here’s how to not have a bad day trading (at least the execution part)!
In this 8 minute installment we discuss:
- The S.A.T.S...again.
- Size / Activity / Taxes / Story
- Design for your target (The de facto XYPN mantra)
- Answering the questions that come up:
- Why didn’t that trade go through?
- I sold, but some of it is still there?
- Why is there extra cash in this account?
- Factors to consider: Trade costs, short term gains, wash sales, existing holdings, dividend reinvestments, rep codes, minimums, approvals and other fun things!
- Lastly...some words of advice on Household Rebalancing and Tax Location
- Want a more in-depth series on cost / fees? Let us know and Ask XYIS
Links Referenced in this episode:
As always, let us know if you have any questions at email@example.com or (360) 301-7579.