So you think you know ETFs? In this episode we dig deep into all the nitty gritty factors of ETFs you’ve probably wondered about. And we do it former member of Vanguard’s ETF product team and current XYIS Chief Investment Officer, Mario Nardone. Grab your note taker...you’ll want to have a few of these nuggets handy for later.
In this 23 minute installment (hey, we said deep dive!) you’ll discover:
- How do ETFs actually work? How are they created? What ACTUALLY happens when I buy and sell an ETF?
- What factors should I consider when choosing an ETF?
- What are the following and what is their impact
- Bid/Ask spread
- Average Daily Volume
- Fund size
- Premiums + Discounts
- Liquidity of the ETF and the underlying securities
- Trading considerations like:
- WHEN and when NOT to trade
- “Orderly” markets
- Trade blocks and what constitutes a “large” trade
- Best interest vs BEST trading practices
- Litmus test - What happened at the end of 2018 when volumes spiked 10X and what did we learn?
Have an idea for a future episode? Let us know!
If you have any questions or comments, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org