Below are the monthly index returns for September 2019.
Some highlights include:
- Recession fears faded slightly in September from August, pushing up most equity indexes and lowering most fixed income indexes.
- US Small cap value (+5.1%) was the highest performing equity index for the month with US large cap value coming in second (+3.6%).
- Yields fell slightly across the short part of the Treasury curve (up until the 1 year mark) and rose slightly for the rest of the curve, pushing down most fixed income indexes.
- High yield fixed income, which we know is more highly correlated to equity indexes, had the highest fixed income return for the month at +0.4%.
- All indexes are still positive YTD with most equity indexes over 10% and some even over 20%.
Feel free to ask any questions by contacting us at email@example.com