I hope everyone is safe and well.
It has been quite a tumultuous month with some sharp and dramatic movements in both negative and positive directions.
- Similar to February, global equities fell sharply in March as the coronavirus continued to dominate headlines
- No equity asset class was spared as equities fell between -10% (Large growth) to -26% (non-US REITS)
- Global fixed income was not immune to the rush for cash and liquidity
- Treasury benchmarks were the only ones with positive returns in March. For example, yields on the 10 year Treasury fell from 1.13% to 0.7% during March
- All fixed income benchmarks shown, with the exception of high yield which we know has equity-like characteristics, are still positive for the 1 year time frame and longer
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions as they arise.
As always, you can contact XYIS by messaging email@example.com